“What we love determines what we seek. What we seek determines what we think and do. What we think and do determines who we are — and who we will become.” ― Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Thursday, June 10, 2010

"Livin the dream"





Thursday June 10th

Yes that is what I am doing. Living the dream. It is fantastic. I cant get over how cool the people who I am working with are and how amazing the location is.

Today.It.Snowed. I think that is all I need to talk about on that subject.

Last night I went out to the bonfire and stayed out there for a good 2-3 hours. It was me and about twenty other guys and maybe 2 or 3 girls. The guys range from anywhere to 20-32 of age and around the same with the girls. Like I said before, there is such a variety with the employee population but it just makes everything that much more interesting and fun. We just sat around the fire listening to a bunch of sweet reggae music and a few people played their guitars. The stars are amazing.

Life is good.

Today I reported to work at about noonish after having lunch. The food here is delicious. I cant complain one bit. After lunch I followed my manager around and just did little stuff here and there. Evidently I will be working a lot with the food like cooking and prepping. I thought I would just be working the cash register but im excited that I will get to do way more than that. I also had to teach my manager how to measure brown sugar today while we were making the rub for our pulled pork. Then after I was done with prepping the pork I went to the Gazebo with a few other guys I will be working with and we got a tour of how it will be run this summer because they are changing it all up. It will be sweet.

Tonight my Gazebo manager (who’s name is Tom, or Tom the bomb) took the Gazebo crew out to pizza at Pappa Brunee’s for a bonding experience. It was me and 6 guys drinking beer. But it was still awesome. We had a taco pizza, it was…..interesting. never experienced lettuce and taco meat on my pizza before.

On Monday he is taking us down the river for some more bonding. One of our crew members is a part time river guide.

Tom’s rules of the gazebo

1. 1. When asked how you are doing, always reply with either ‘living the dream’ or ‘fantabulous’.

2. 2. Work hard, play harder

3. 3. Always wear a rad pair of sunglasses

4. 4. At the beginning of every shift, the song ‘I gotta feeling’ must be played and danced along to.

Yeah, he is pretty much the coolest. And today rocked.


1 comment:

Jenny Hensley said...

Love this, Brit! I love to hear you positive and happy! I love you!