“What we love determines what we seek. What we seek determines what we think and do. What we think and do determines who we are — and who we will become.” ― Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Monday, January 23, 2012

The Last Wedding

Wednesday night at 11pm I headed off (drove) to Sacramento, California to go to my Uncle Mikes wedding. He was the last of all of my aunts and uncles to marry and it was an awesome trip. 
I rode down with one of his friends who lives in Orem. He was way cool. He is from Pakistan and I got to hear him speak his native language a few times. So crazy! We had some good conversations and he told me a lot about his country and some of their customs and traditions. It was a loooong drive. We got McDonalds at 3am and got pulled over in Reno. (And we got pulled over again on our way back. NOTE: I was never the one to get pulled over!) 
We finally arrived at my Aunt Dani's house around 8am on Thursday. The morning was filled with playing with my adorable cousins. 
 The girls were singing and staring at themselves in this mirror for a good 3 minutes. 

I spent the day shopping and running errands with my grandma. It was a blast. We had to go to the Lexus place because her key broke and she had to use pliers to start and stop her car. As comical as it was, it got a little tedious. 
Grandma: "People only listen to me when I speak." 
Gma: "I'm sorry that we didn't have time to go to See's Candies, but that's kind of my life in a nutshell" 
When we got back, I was the chosen babysitter while everyone went to the temple for my (new) Aunt Dana's endowments. It was a crazy house, but tons of fun. 
On Friday, we got up early to help set up the chapel for the reception. Grandma and I went to to Costco (happiest place on earth) and got ready for a big dinner we had later that night. It was all of the family and a bunch of the bride and grooms friends. 
Miss Emmeline

 Guacamole to feed an army
 We had authentic Mexican tacos. They. were. amazing. 
Grandma: "Matt, do you want me to pick up the drinks instead?"
Matt: "Yeah, make sure to stock up on Coke so we can actually enjoy this thing tonight."

Saturday was the big day. We left to the temple in the morning and again, I was designated babysitter. We found a nursery room in the chapel next to the temple. It was the easiest babysitting job.ever. Thank goodness for technology. 
Baby Axel and Jake
 Garrett with an iphone
 Gordon, Oscar, and Maya with an ipad
 Gordon with an ipad
 Brooklyn with an iphone
 Taylor, Emmeline, Eleanor, Annabelle, and Margaret watching a movie. 
Then it was time to watch the new Mr. and Mrs. Ward come out of the temple!!
Her veil kept blowing off. 
 Mike and Dana with the Ward grandkids (minus me).

Maggie (talking to me): "We're getting married today!!"
Maggie: "Where's uncle Dana?"
 I had to get a picture of all the parents trying to make their kids look at the camera. 
 Side view of the Sacramento Temple. Gorgeous. 
 Beautiful couple. 

The reception was beautiful and PACKED. There was good food and good dancing. It was a great evening. 
Bright and early Sunday morning we were back to Utah. Again, longest drive of my life. 
Yay for weddings and family. 

1 comment:

alyssa said...

A. i can't get over how cute your nieces and nephews are!
B. i can't believe how old Jacob is looking!
C. I have to see ya this week so we can catch up!