“What we love determines what we seek. What we seek determines what we think and do. What we think and do determines who we are — and who we will become.” ― Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Bring Him Home

Do you like Les Miserables?
I sure do. This love affair all started with my senior high school production of Les Mis. My FAVORITE high school experience. Hands down.
If you were wondering, I was a lovely lady. ;)




If you knew me......you would know that I'm obsessed. And that I can watch the 25th Anniversery movie 3 times in a row and then maybe a 4th and 5th time. And that I tend to sing along with every song I know, but when it comes to Les Mis, I let these incredibly talented musicians do the singing while I do all the listening (i'm a really great listener). And that my favorite song in the universe is "Bring Him Home". And that I have listened to that song on re-wind for 2 hours straight. And that it gives me chills.

Listen to this one. It's Alfie Boe.

And then, listen to this one. It's 4 Jean Val Jean's singing "Bring Him Home". They amaze me.

And finally, (after you have the words memorized), listen to this one. It's John Schmidt and a beautiful cellist. (If you knew me, you would also know that the piano and cello are my favorite instruments........and the hermonica and banjo....but that's for another time and place.)

No comments: