“What we love determines what we seek. What we seek determines what we think and do. What we think and do determines who we are — and who we will become.” ― Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Wedding Receptions and Bridal Showers

Friday night was spent with some of my favorite people all attending another one of my favorite persons wedding reception. All of these are employees or were employees of DownEast Outfitters. My manager, Julie, drove me, Eliza, Tiffany, and Peter (our old manager) to Whitney's wedding reception out at some military base. Her husband is in the military...obviously. She was gorgeous.
The pumpkin cheesecake was amazing. The father-daughter dance was a tear jerker. The country music was the best. And the slide show of pictures just made me want to get married...right now.
Yesterday I threw another one of my friends a bridal shower with a few of her roommates. I was in charge of food and decorations. We decided to throw her a Hawaiian style party because she served her mission in Hawaii and that is where she is getting married as well. Lucky for us, her fiance had a TON of decorations so we didn't have to buy any of those. As for the food. I made:
Samoa Girl Scout cookies
Avocado Deviled Eggs (seriously so good)
7-Layered bean dip
And then I bought:
pumpkin pie
and
spinach-artichoke dip
from Costco-obviously the best place for such foods
I know what you're thinking. That is the most random bridal shower menu ever. Yes. You are correct. But that's just what you get when someone doesn't know how to feed 20 girls on a budget haha. (i'm talking about myself) But it all was great......and their was fruit.
We had her fiance come in as a surprise and gave him a white rose and he had to pull of every petal and for each petal he had to state a reason why he loved Kalleen. It was adorable. He is definitely a keeper for her. It was a lovely night. Marriage is wonderful. Love is cute. Now I need to go work on my Marriage Prep homework.

1 comment:

alyssa said...

i love this!! when is kallene getting married? i must go to that reception.
and sorry for crying on the phone today :)