“What we love determines what we seek. What we seek determines what we think and do. What we think and do determines who we are — and who we will become.” ― Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I Hate Halloween

I realize that a year ago, I wrote a blog about all the reasons why I loved the Halloween season. Now, basically all of those reasons are why I dislike Halloween. I'm not really that into candy anymore and I don't believe in giving children pounds of it-diabetes and cavities, people. Hello. And trick-or-treating after you are 12 is just weird. I think scary movies are awful and they are not something that allows the spirit to be in your house and usually those disturbing images are in my mind for like...ever. I don't think that dressing up as something super scary or slutty or both is cool by any means. It's just gross. Basically I think the Halloween season is just a way to let everyone worship the devil while being dressed like skanks...or scary people.

With that being said, let me tell you how I spent my Halloween night.
I dressed up like a Zombie
I went trick-or-treating
I ate a bunch of candy
and I watched a scary movie
I'm still trying to figure out how I got coerced into doing all of this and how I managed to actually really enjoy myself.
Meet Brad (Eliza's boyfriend), Eliza (my really cool friend and co-worker), me, and Chris (Brad and Eliza's friend). Just a bunch of your every day zombies. No big deal.

1 comment:

alyssa said...

haha you guys look so great! i love it. change your mind a little bit about halloweiner? hope so :)