“What we love determines what we seek. What we seek determines what we think and do. What we think and do determines who we are — and who we will become.” ― Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Globetrotter








That makes me sound so much cooler than I actually am. Globetrotter. I wish my globe-trotting consisted of a little more of exotic places, but we will start small and simple instead.
If you haven't already heard, my cool friend Alyssa and I went to Denver over Labor day weekend.
Why?
Because we could.
Both of us had never been before and we heard you could get cheap tickets from the Provo airport. So one night we just decided to buy some tickets.
Luckily for us, she has some awesome family that lives there who graciously let us stay with them for those 4 days 3 nights.

The first day consisted of eating food, hanging out with her aunt and her kids, shopping at Nordstroms Rack, California Pizza Kitchen, and more shopping.
Sunday was chill and splendid. We went to her cousins single ward, babysat her little cousin, then went over to her other aunts house for dinner.
Monday we hit the city. Alyssa and I took the light rail into LoDo (lower downtown) Denver. We went to "Taste of Colorado" where we ate free food, watched cooking demonstrations, walked around to all the different vendors, and ate more free food. Then we rented bikes and biked around the city for the rest of the day. Let me tell you, it was SO incredible fun. I don't know how we would have done it without the bikes. We spent time in a super cute bookstore, talked to natives, saw the Coors baseball field, ate the best ice cream at the coolest ice cream stand, ate crappy food and a cafe, and just basked in the city life.
Tuesday came with driving around and seeing more of Denver and the Red Rock Amphitheater. The Zac Brown Band may or may not have (ok they definitely were) playing that night, sadly we were flying out that night so we couldn't go see them.
It was such an awesome weekend. Alyssa is for sure a #1 traveling partner. Now I am trying to figure out where I want to go next. Seattle? Chicago? New York? San Diego? Italy? :)
Oh and this definitely counts as one of my new years resolution. I think I have basically crossed off every one of my NYR's, but that is for a post on another day.

No comments: