“What we love determines what we seek. What we seek determines what we think and do. What we think and do determines who we are — and who we will become.” ― Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Year, A New Beginning

Well folks, it's that time of year again. Yep. Resolution time. This years New Years Eve was spent low key with good food and good company. Seeing as I was in California, I went to My Aunt and Uncles (Dani&Paul) with 4 other of my aunt and uncles (Steve&Leah, Matt&Sara). There was a delicious spread of comfort food. What's a better way to say goodbye to 2010 than to indulge in good comfort food? Because obviously one of my reslutions has to do with making smarter food choices. After stuffing ourselves with chips and various dips, homemade toffee, eclairs, and pizza, we then watched the new Wall Street movie. My opinion: I did not understand a word of it so I did not enjoy it. My one semester of economics class in high school did not help me in understanding this movie. Oh well.

Now onto my New Years Resolution list...
1. Go somewhere I haven't been before. One of my main goals in life is to be cultured. Perferably visiting other countries, but I think that living in a different state (besides Idaho, Utah, or California) can count as well.

2. More self-discipline. I always do great with school and going to the gym for a while and then towards half way through the semester I always lose motivation. So obviously I need more self-discipline.

3. Write in my journal. Sometimes I am great at this, but I haven't been for the past 4 months. I love going back and reading through old entries. I figured if I want to be able to reflect on my life in the future, I need to actually write about it.

4. Eat good food. And by good I mean...nutritious. This should also fall into self-discipline. Every semester I start off eating so healthy but once midterms roll around, my studying increases and my will and energy to cook for myself decreases.

5. Get a job at school. If you aren't aware, trying to find a job in Rexburg,Idaho is very difficult. But it's kind of imperative that I do find a job while I am at school.

6. Start counting my blessings, not my sorrows. I think I am in need of doing this and am guilty of doing just the opposite most of the time. I have been blessed with so much in my life, why should I be ignoring that fact?

7. Volunteer/Serve others. I love serving others and it's high time that I start acting on it instead of just thinking about doing it.

8. Start saving money/ Learn to budget. As of right now, I currently have 1 cent in my savings account and I am so awful at keeping a budget. I have tried somewhat in the past and have always failed.

9. Learn how to cook. I love cooking but I just need to get out of my comfort zone and start making actual meals. Learn new recipes, maybe make a recipe book of all the ones that turn out good. And get one of my roommates to cook dinner with me so I don't have to make meals for just one person.

10. Make new friends/Meet new people. For those of you who know me...well, you know what i'm talkin about.
11. Take more pictures. And then use them to put on my blog and decorate my room. Most of my pictures in my room are of high school. Yeah, that needs to change.

I will probably add to this list as I think of more I would like to accomplish, but I don't want to overhwelm myself with too many things.
Now, how do I plan to accomplish these goals? You will just have to stay tuned on future blog postings.

1 comment:

Jenny Hensley said...

Sounds great Brit! Hope you go for all of them and accomplish more! Love you!