“What we love determines what we seek. What we seek determines what we think and do. What we think and do determines who we are — and who we will become.” ― Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Another Christmas Break

Five words to describe this break:

1. Movies- I got myself a Netflix account and watched movies.non.stop. Online and through the mail. And ofcourse a trip to our wonderful dollar theater in Boise and a few trips to the real movies. I just love movies. ALMOST as much as I love books.

2. Books- I was finally able to get my hands on the second Hunger Games book. I read the first one during the school semester but had to restrain myself from reading the next two seeing as I avoided all school work for two days while I read the first one. And after a long and unsuccessful search for the third one in Boise, it wasn't until I got to California to find that there was TWO copies sitting in my grandparents house. Let's just say that the 3rd one is definitely not a "feel good" book. More like a "feel awful" book.

3. Sleep- I slept. A.Lot. But it was an awful sleep schedule of going to bed between the hours of 2am-4am and not waking up until noon or 1pm. And even then I would take a few naps in the day every now and then.

4. Friends- Catching up with a friend from Redfish at Starbucks for 3 hours, a VVC reunion with some of my incredible froms from highschool, seeing more friends from highschool at Sarah's wedding reception, a small little Encore(my highschool choir) reunion at Olive Garden, and other scattered events of hanging out with old friends. I love them all.

5. Family- My little brother is growing up and with it, his ability to make me laugh. He has always been a funny kid but I feel like this time was different or maybe it is just me that has changed. He taught me how to play Halo on his XBox. I secretly really enjoyed it and would kick him off from time to time or catch myself playing it in the middle of the night. Too bad he doesn't have a cool headset. On Wednesday morning (the 29th) I went to bed around 2:45am and woke up at 4am to catch a 5:30am flight to San Francisco, California. A trip that wasn't planned until about 9pm Tuesday night. I told you, I like spontaneity. But oh was it a fantastic decision. I miss the semi-warm weather and being with a portion of my family. They are awesome and I love them. My grandparents house is one of my favorite places to be. Why? you ask. Well, seeing as my grandma is a woman of comfort, she has the best beds one could ever sleep in. They have the best pillows, sheets, HEATED BLANKETS, and another layer of 5 more comfortable blankets. They are a trap, it is difficult to want to escape them. I am definitely my grandmothers granddaughter. A country girl at heart who loves to blast Garth Brooks, eat pumpkin pie for breakfast, watch old movies in her bed, and shop. especially at Costco. and Macy's.




Now it's time to head back to Rexburg. Where my 5 words will turn into: Homework, Studying, Insomnia, Roommates, and Dates

1 comment:

Becca said...

Heated blankets are gifts from God. I know it. Love you. :)