“What we love determines what we seek. What we seek determines what we think and do. What we think and do determines who we are — and who we will become.” ― Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Thursday, January 20, 2011

I wish I was Hermoine

I don't know who all is a Harry Potter fan, either of the books or movies or both. Do you remember when Hermoine scheduled some of her classes to be at the same exact time and on the opposite sides of the "castle"?
Her solution: a time turner (the thing shaped like an hour glass). It allowed her to go to one class, turn back time, then go to the other class scheduled at the same time.
Boy do I wish they sold those suckers on the black market or something.
This semester I have made a huge...maybe too extreme...effort to get involved, make friends, and have new experiences. I never really realized how easy that could be done on campus. My planner now consists of wayyyy too many meetings, performances, service opportunities, and games. But I WANT to do them ALL. I went to the Talent Activities meeting and signed up to be on the committees of:
  1. Guitars Unlpugged- a battle of the bands sort of show.
  2. Nashville Nights- pretty much where people perform country songs
  3. Grand Piano Live- self explanatory
  4. Battle of the Dance- self explanatory
  5. Broadway Review- just like Nashville Nights but with broadway songs
  6. Best of- the final showcase where they take the best few performers from each of the above and throw them in a show together.
Yeah, no one told me that it's pretty much a busy job just being on ONE committee. And I have 6. So far I am for sure doing Battle of the Dance and Grand Piano Live and possibly Best Of. On the committee you do the publicity, run the booths, do the auditions, and manage the stage. So basically all of it. But it is SO much fun. I have absolutely loved being able to put together posters and flyers and I can't wait to listen/watch everyone audition.
Next on my list of things I have signed up for is Adopt-A-Grandparent. This is held two days a week. It's definitely not mandatory so I can squeeze it in whenever I can, but still, I was hoping to go to it at least once a week. I would love to sing hymns, listen to stories, play cards, and paint nails with all of the elderly.
I am also a mentor for a new freshman. I have to attend meetings/socials with her and just be there for her during this transition into college life.
Last but not least...volleyball intermurals. Dog Eat Dog is the name of our team and I.Am.Stoked. We'll have 2-3 games a week and I am just praying that it will fit into my schedule.
I am beyond excited for this semester and all of the experiences I will have and hopefully of the friends I will make and people I will meet. Classes are going great, roommates are awesome, and my ward rocks.

Life is wonderful.

2 comments:

Elder (Jayson) Sevison said...

Emma watson=super cute (with long hair). and you are crazy for doing soooo much when you could do sooooo little.

Unknown said...

Is it weird that listening to all that makes me wanna be back at school? At least you have stuff to do...I'M SO BORED. I miss youuu