“What we love determines what we seek. What we seek determines what we think and do. What we think and do determines who we are — and who we will become.” ― Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Monday, October 18, 2010

Pokey a.k.a Pocahontas


That was my Redfish name.

I asked them why, and they said it was because of the resemblance.


I don't see it. Do you?


But at the moment I feel the Pocahontas part of me wanting to come out. The only place I want to be right now is in the mountains.


I'm getting some serious Redfish homesickness.


I'm itching to go camping, backpacking, hiking, rock climbing, kayking (just around the river bend), white water rafting, rope swinging (even though they chopped it down :'( Blasphemy!!), sitting around fires, playing the harmonica, star gazing, hot spring-ing, and every other fun thing you can do in the wilderness.


I miss it. A lot.


So yesterday Sarah and I were coming back from Jamba Juice and decided we wanted to go on a drive out to the wilderness. Usually one would stop and think and plan about such a thing. But we did not. We hit up the gas station and drove.




Drove out of Rexburg and towards this beautiful little town called Driggs. Let me just tell you how gorgeous it was. The trees were in the perfect fall-color stages of reds, yellows, and oranges and we had a view of the Tetons the whole way. It was a perfect drive.


But I still miss Redfish. and my friends and coworkers. Only 8 more months to go and I will be back. Until then, I will be searching for ways to fill my wilderness void.


See you soon Stanley, Idaho!

2 comments:

Becca said...

I miss you. I miss Redfish. I think I'm going to work there this comming summer too. I shurrrreee hopeso. love you.

Britni Ward said...

Becca, you just made my entire day! All this time I was thinking that you wouldn't be going back next summer. So glad you will be there!!!!!!!!