“What we love determines what we seek. What we seek determines what we think and do. What we think and do determines who we are — and who we will become.” ― Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Monday, March 7, 2011

Monday Night Volleyball

Every day gone by is a day closer to Monday. Yes, I have gotten a little obsessed this semester. I spend all day long in class just day dreaming about playing volleyball every night. But Monday nights are different. This is the night when all the LEGIT players come out. I'm not saying that I am one of those legit players....but I can keep up, my right knee can prove it to you. I have the sickest purple, black, and blue knee because I like to throw my body all over the court so that ball doesn't touch the ground.
Let me just tell you how fun these Monday nights really are. Some of these dudes could have seriously played awesome college v-ball. They are monsters and just tear that ball apart. I love it. They have perfect passes, sets, and insane kills. But I think what I love most about playing these pick-up games, is that they can get super intense, but yet be super chill at the same time. Make sense? I think that the end of my volleyball career in high school came because the competitiveness of it all made me lose the love of the game.
Well folks, that love has come back. Full force. In fact, my roommate Shae, who is also just as obsessed as I am, and I have just bought our tickets to go see the BYU Men's team play in Provo at the end of this month. We. Are. STOKED.

No comments: