“What we love determines what we seek. What we seek determines what we think and do. What we think and do determines who we are — and who we will become.” ― Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Saturday, July 24, 2010

I Love Stanley
















7/15/10






Today was another busy work day. But at 5 o’clock on the dot I clocked out and went to go find my Volleyball team: BD Idaho. My team consists of me, 7 ft tall Andrew, Josh, and Dustin. Every other Thursday on the front lawn at the Lodge, Redfish holds a volleyball tournament with first place cash prizes. Not all of the teams showed up so we only played 4 teams but it was so much fun. I loved every second of it! Probably because our team kicked butt and we won first place. A whole $15 each was our prize. That is 2 hours of working out in the Gazebo! Our team dominates and I am counting down the days until our next tournament J






After volleyball later that night I went up to the weight room and worked out with Shaylee, Josh, and Adam. It felt great. Shaylee and I are new workout partners J






7/18/10






So yesterday I worked. It was a great day at work. It went smoothly and pretty stress-free. It was absolutely wonderful. When I got off, Dustin asked me to take his car into town and pick up his laundry because he would be working all night. Being the kind soul I am, but really just wanting to drive, I took Megan and we headed into Stanley. Ahhhh, it felt so good to be driving once again, especially stick. So we take his car and laundry back to the lodge so he could check to make sure we got the right clothes. We did, mission accomplished. Megan and I also decided to go camping on a whim. We borrowed Dustin’s “3-4 man tent” bought a lighter, got some wood, threw sweats on, grabed our bedding, and drug Kristine and Becca along with us. We were pretty excited. We had our smore items and some more junk food.






Off to Stanley lake it was. We drive a little ways into some random road and found a free campsite. Awesome. Becca started our fire, Megan and Kristine worked on the tent, and I documented the night. Especially the part when the tent was set up and we realized that Dustin’s “3-4 man tent” was in fact a 2 man tent. That’s okay! We told ourselves it would be….fun! we carried on with our night and started making smores. I don’t know how I always end up getting injured up here. But here is how it happened. So I am making my first smore with a wooden stick that is long but bent in the middle. The marshmallow lights on fire, I try to blow it out, I blow one side out, start to turn the stick so I could blow out the other side, the stick turns too fast and the flaming mallow ends up on my face. Ummm OUCH. My friends laughed and I was in excruciating pain. Now I have 3 blisters on my upper lip. Not awesome.






Then we decided to put on war paint. Also known as charcoal. It totally completed the night. Especially when Kristine decided to just go all out and cover every part of her skin that was showing in charcoal. It was so freaky. She blended into the darkness and all you could see was her eyes. Absolutely terrifying. Pictures just don’t do it justice.






As we start to tell scary stories, a truck pulls up into our camp. Not cool. But it ended up just being Megan’s Cowboy “friend”. Somehow he found out where we were camping- just a little sketchy. But when he left, he left us his hand gun because he was worried about us.






After that we just talked around the campfire, put it out, then talked inside the tent for a while longer. Then came sleep, or shall I say lack-of. I was stuck on the outside of the group with no blankets (my sleeping bag was under everyone cushioning them from the rocks) and no room in 20 degree weather. To sum up the night, it was miserable. Finally at 6:20 am I managed to squeeze out of the tent and get in Megan’s car where I listened to music for another 40 minutes before everyone got up to leave.






We left and megan and I had 30 minutes to get ready for church. Somehow we managed. I went and got breakfast with Dustin then he took me to church. After church Reese was waiting for us in the parking lot so we could go to Mountain Mama’s Art’s and Crafts fair. It was pretty sweet. I bought 2 more hand made copper rings and an awesome necklace.






As for the rest of the day goes, I slept on the beach for an hour and a half went back to my bungalow and slept for another hour. It was much needed sleep. I am still sick :/






7/16- Today we had a Gazebo meeting with the managers. To sum it up, it just made me frustrated. But as I started working, I realized that we did not have anymore Caesar dressing for our salads and wraps. I went to the kitchen to talk to Kelley about it and he said that I would have to make it from scratch. TJ gave me the recipe and sent me to work. It took me forever! The worst part: dealing with the anchovies. I was working across the table from TJ and as I scooped out the little anchovies from their container the smell wafted to my nose and I started gagging. TJ just laughed. And I just gagged. Then it was off to another busy day at work. And when I went into the kitchen later that evening to wash some dishes, a slow song came on the ipod and TJ came over and started dancing with me. everyone just stopped and watched. A little awkward. After work Josh and I did Yoga in the weight room. His girlfriend gave him a beginners yogo DVD and a yoga mat for his birthday so we did some yoga. It was quite entertaining to watch this big jock do all the poses haha. But it felt goooooddd.






7/19- Today was a great day. Want to know why?






1- I had Sushi

2- I watched my #1 all time favorite movie ever: INCEPTION

3- I did both of the above with some pretty rad people.

4- I did all of the above while being in the most gorgeous place in Idaho.

So here is the story of my day. It was my day off, and Reese and Kelley’s as well. So what did we do? We went to Sun Valley where we ran a few errands for Redfiish then we waited, waited until Sushi on Second would open. It was so worth the wait. We had deep fried Calamari and Mahi Mahi Tuna covered in cilantro, lemon juice, and some other herbs for our appetizers. I got a roll with Shrimp, avocado, and creame cheese. I tried Kelley’s rolls. One had spicy tuna and the other had salmon and Ahi tuna and caviar rolled around in wasabi on top of it. AHHHH it was all so delicious!






To top off a day filled with sushi, we went to the movies in Hailey to go see Inception.






It Blew.My.Mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was an INCREDIBLE movie. I cant stop thinking about it.






7/20- Today I pulled a 13hr work day. To be honest, it wasn’t too bad because it was insanely slow. But it was still really long and I went home and fell asleep within seconds. Not too exciting.






7/21- Today was another 12 hr work day. I went to housing afterward and showered and got ready to go hang out with people only to end up falling asleep on Megan’s bed.






7/23- I thought I had to work another 12 hrs today but SURPRISE I did not! That was a relief. So I went home at 5 and took a 3 hour, much needed, nap. Then I went and hung out with Becka, Rachel, and Jessica in Becka and Kristine’s room in the Ritz. It felt good to get some girl time in and break away from hanging out with guys 90% of the time. But after a while I did end up going to the bunkhouse for Vinyl Friday (Perry and Wyatt own a record player and it is so sweet) where it was 99% guys: Perry, Wyatt, Dustin, Lucas, Mike, Adam, and Shauna. They had the lights off, the black lights on, and the lava lamp on. Haha I love these guys. But then Adam, Josh, and I went to the boat box once again. Always a perfect ending to any day for sure J

1 comment:

alyssa said...

you did not tell me you were reuniting with the blog! shame on you!
i am so jealous of all your fun!!! keep it coming :)